CHIVA’s mission is to ensure that children, young people and families living with HIV become healthier, happier and more in control of their own futures.
CHIVA works to ensure young people living with HIV have the treatment and care, knowledge, understanding, skills and wider support needed to live well and achieve their greatest potential.
We achieve our aims and objectives by:
- working with healthcare professionals, sharing information and developing guidelines and resources for best clinical practice
- visiting clinics and engaging with local teams and families directly
- having a Youth Committee involved in all areas of our work to ensure the voices of young people inform everything we do
- undertaking dedicated regional work for children, young people and families living with HIV who have limited access to specialist support
- delivering annual family and professionals conferences
- providing an annual support camp for up to 100 children and young people
- providing an arts engagement project for older young people.