CHIVA’s mission is to ensure that children, young people and families living with HIV become healthier, happier and more in control of their own futures.
CHIVA works to ensure young people living with HIV have the treatment and care, knowledge, understanding, skills and wider support needed to live well and achieve their greatest potential.
We achieve these aims by:
- working with health care professionals, sharing information and developing guidelines and resources for best clinical practise
- visiting clinics and working with the local teams, and families directly
- having a Youth Committee involved in all areas of our work to ensure the voices of young people inform what we do and what children and young people say they need from us
- providing regional support projects for children and young people
- providing annual family and professionals conferences
- providing an annual support camp for up to 100 children and young people
- providing an arts engagement project for older young people.