The role of the Trustee Board is to provide strategic vision, direction and leadership. Trustees support the financial and operational stability needed to advance Chiva’s aims and promote the organisation’s continued development and effectiveness.
Half of Chiva’s trustees are also members of the Chiva Steering Group. This ensures strong links between the Trustee Board and Chiva’s membership.
The role of the Steering Group is to support Expert Groups which consider and advise on specialist areas. Steering Group members are elected by Chiva members and serve three-year terms, with the opportunity for re-election at the end of the term.
Expert Groups are created by the Trustee Board and/or the Steering Group.
Current Chiva Expert Groups:
- Conferences and Meetings
- Health Organisation Links
- Audits, Commissioning and Standards
Current Chiva Trustees
Dr Amanda Williams (Chair)
Consultant Paediatrician, London North West University Healthcare NHS Trust
Dr Srini Bandi
Consultant Paediatrician, Leicester Royal Infirmary
Dr Bala Subramaniam
Consultant Paediatrician and Neonatologist, Derby Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
Senior Compliance Executive in Asset Management, TwentyFour Asset Management
Prof Ali Judd
Professor of Epidemiology, MRC Clinical Trials Unit, UCL
Law Graduate, Chiva support camp volunteer Key Worker
Paediatric Infectious Diseases Clinical Nurse Specialist
Dr Katja Doerholt
Consultant in Paediatric Infectious Diseases, St George’s Hospital
Steering Group Members
- Dr Amanda Williams: Consultant Paediatrician, London North West University Healthcare NHS Trust [email protected]
- Dr Bala Subramaniam (Conferences & Meetings Group – Chair): Consultant Paediatrician and Neonatologist, Derby Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- Dr Srini Bandi: Consultant Paediatrician, Leicester Royal Infirmary
- Angela Callaghan (Guidelines Group-Co-Chair): HIV Nurse Specialist, Evelina Children’s Hospital
- Djamel Hamadache (Health Organisations Group – Chair): Independent Paediatric and Adolescent HIV Nurse, [email protected]
- Susanna Keiderling: Paediatric Infectious Diseases Clinical Nurse Specialist
- Marthe Le Prevost (Guidelines Group-Co-Chair): Senior Research Nurse, MRC Clinical Trials Unit (CTU) at University College London.
- Katie Warburton (Audits & Commissioning Chair): Senior Lecturer in Children and Young People’s Nursing, at University of Central Lancashire.
- Sharon Peters: Infectious Diseases Specialist Childrens Nurse at North Manchester General Hospital
- Kristina Fenn: Clinical Psychologist at Alder Hey Children’s Hospital
- Sarah Tizzard: Senior Paediatric Infectious Diseases Clinical Nurse Specialist at St George’s University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- Fiona Marra: ID Pharmacist at NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde
- Nadia Ahmed: Consultant HIV and Sexual Health Physician, Mortimer Market Centre, Central North West London NHS Trust / University College London Hospitals