Communications and Engagement Manager
Contract and Hours: 12 months maternity cover, part time (32 hours/ 4 days per week)
Location: Bristol office (hybrid)
Salary: £35,190 (FTE)
Chiva is a charity in the UK and Ireland whose mission is to ensure that children, young people and young adults growing up with HIV become healthier, happier and more in control of their own futures.
Chiva works to ensure that young people living with HIV have the treatment and care, knowledge, understanding, skills and wider support needed to live well and achieve their greatest potential.
With so many young people who were born with HIV in the UK and Ireland now growing up and transitioning to adult care, Chiva supports children, young people and young adults living with HIV up to age 25. There are further opportunities for people to be involved with Chiva beyond that age too. For example, adults can help lead Chiva events and activities for younger people.
About the role:
We need a skilled professional to keep our communities and stakeholders informed and to make sure that young people are aware of and can easily access our services and support. To support the development and delivery of high quality services and information for young people, their families and professionals. To deliver awareness raising campaigns to the wider public.
Can you create engaging content? Develop and deliver campaigns? Manage social media and websites? Build relationships with key stakeholders across different groups? Involve, consult and co-produce with young people? Come and work with Chiva as our Communications and Engagement Manager.
- Develop and manage ongoing communications and engagement strategies across the organisation which addresses our need to engage a wide range of key stakeholders: young people, families, professionals
- Identify opportunities to continuously improve our methods and approaches to communications and engagement, particularly in extending our reach and partnerships across our communities
- Build engaging content to support communications and engagement strategies across digital platforms
- Provide supervision of outputs developed across the team ensuring that content links with values and objectives and maintains the reputation of the organisation
- Manage the Chiva website, ensuring content is regularly reviewed and updated through key stakeholder engagement
- Engage and consult young people and other key stakeholders to understand information and resource needs and manage resource development in close collaboration with key stakeholders
- Develop a range of resources for professionals, young people and families
- Take responsibility for the overall quality of output from Chiva, with a clear visual and brand identity
- Ensure good quality data is collated across all aspects of the organisations work
- Manage communication and engagement databases, ensuring full compliance with GDPR.
Skills/ Knowledge/ Experience:
- Website content development
- Social media content development
- Resource development
- Design/ creativity skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience of working in voluntary or statutory sector and supporting delivery of organisational mission
- Experience of developing communication and engagement strategies
- Ability to form relationships and engage with a wide range of stakeholders
- Excellent IT skills
- Excellent written skills
- Intermediate/advanced Excel skills
- Ability to work well with a team and support other members of staff
- Excellent planning and organisation skills
- Robust understanding of GDPR requirements
- Confident in managing own workload, work autonomously, monitor areas of work and outputs.
- Project management experience
- Experience of implementing monitoring and evaluation systems
- Experience of responding to media enquiries, producing press statements/releases.
Chiva is committed to reducing inequality, valuing diversity and enabling inclusion. We welcome applications from people with the appropriate skills from all parts of the community.
Please note that we are only able to accept applications submitted on our branded application form. We cannot accept CVs in respect of this post.
Please send your completed application form to [email protected].
Deadline for applications: 26 September 2022
Interviews to take place on 6 October 2022.