Contract and Hours: Permanent, Part time, 32 hours (4 days) per week
Location: Bristol or remote
Salary: £38,295 per annum (FTE)
Chiva is a charity in the UK and Ireland whose mission is to ensure that children, young people and young adults growing up with HIV become healthier, happier and more in control of their own futures.
Chiva works to ensure that young people living with HIV have the treatment and care, knowledge, understanding, skills and wider support needed to live well and achieve their greatest potential.
With so many young people who were born with HIV in the UK and Ireland now growing up and transitioning to adult care, Chiva supports children, young people and young adults living with HIV up to age 25. There are further opportunities for people to be involved with Chiva beyond that age too. For example, adults can help lead Chiva events and activities for younger people.
About the role:
We are looking for a Services Manager to join our expanding charity. You should be a qualified and experienced healthcare of social care professional with a passion for the work of our organisation. You should have project management/ senior role experience and a passion for excellent service delivery. You should also be committed to the safeguarding of children and the ethos of the organisation.
You will manage a team of Project Support Officers to deliver all regional projects, providing support and guidance as required. Your main duties will include holding regular supervisions and reviews with the Project Support Officers to ensure that projects are running to time and budget and meeting objectives and acting as the safeguarding lead for all projects, ensuring the safety of all participants and their families. You will also be expected to work alongside the CEO to maximise opportunities to develop services further and support the organisation to deliver the new programmes planned in our development strategy.
- A health care or social work professional with senior role/ management experience
- An understanding of issues facing children, young people and young adults growing up with HIV
- Experience of working with children and families who may have complex needs
- Experience of working in multi-agency and multi-disciplinary forums collaboratively
- Accomplishing organisational objectives by managing staff; planning and evaluating activities
- Project/ service management experience
- Demonstrable understanding of, and commitment to, Confidentiality and Data Protection
- An understanding of and a commitment to the values of the organisation
Chiva is committed to reducing inequality, valuing diversity and enabling inclusion. We welcome applications from people with the appropriate skills from all parts of the community.
Please note that we are only able to accept applications submitted on our branded application form. We cannot accept CVs in respect of this post.
Please send your completed application form to [email protected].
Deadline for applications: 19 September 2022
Interviews to take place on 29th and 30th September 2022.