Freedom 2 Be camp
Freedom 2 Be (F2B) is an annual residential camp for young people aged 11–16 who are living with HIV. It offers up to 100 participants from across the UK and Ireland a unique opportunity to:
- share experiences with other young people who also live with HIV
- meet role models and mentors who are living with HIV
- spend time in an environment where HIV is safe to discuss and not seen to overshadow a person's identity or aspirations
- learn more about HIV and how they can live well with it
- find their voices and challenge stigma, with support.
Over the course of five days, young people come together for workshops on issues related to growing up and living well with HIV, creative activities which encourage expression, and outdoor activities which build confidence and release energy. There is plenty of free time throughout and a celebration at the end.
In this short film, you can get a flavour of camp and see what young people say about it.
In August 2020 we ran our first virtual Freedom 2 Be camp. You can find out more about this event by visiting Virtual Camp, and viewing our daily video updates. You can also read the evaluation report and the vF2B newsletter for more information.