Freedom 2 Be camp
Freedom 2 Be (F2B) is an annual summer support camp for 11–17-year-olds living with HIV.
Camp offers up to 100 young people from across the UK and Ireland a unique opportunity to:
- share experiences with other young people who also live with HIV
- meet role models and mentors who are living with HIV
- spend time in an environment where HIV is safe to discuss and not seen to overshadow a person’s identity or aspirations
- learn more about HIV and how they can live well with it
- find their voices and challenge stigma.
Over the course of five days, young people come together for workshops on issues related to growing up and living well with HIV, creative activities which encourage expression, and outdoor activities which build confidence and release energy. There is plenty of free time throughout and a celebration at the end.
Get a flavour of camp and see what young people say in this short film.