What is vF2B?
In 2020 we ran our annual Freedom 2 Be Camp virtually, naming it ‘vF2B 2020.’ CHIVA created a safe space for young people living with HIV to learn about living well with HIV, express themselves and connect with peers, expert speakers and CHIVA staff and volunteers.
What was vF2B like?
From 3rd–7th August, registered participants were able to access new content each day, including:
- updates about camp activities
- short videos in which young adults offered ‘A Message To My Younger Self’, reflecting on their childhood and living with HIV, and sharing their tips and lessons learnt (available to watch)
- ‘Spotlight on…’ videos providing in-depth exploration of topics relevant to young people living with HIV (available to watch)
- interactive workshops led by artists and creatives which supported participants to express themselves, through music, drama and art
- interactive workshops using talks, games and quizzes to build young people’s knowledge of HIV and discuss key issues
- A nightly Wellbeing Drop-In, providing an informal space for participants to meet other young people living with HIV and take part in yoga, a spa night and mindfulness meditation
We had a vF2B Final Gathering in which host Becky Kroger and CHIVA staff presented highlights from the week and announced competition winners and camp superheroes. We also had a virtual party with a games room and an exclusive, live-streamed DJ mix to finish off the week.
Talks and workshops have been captured in two video series produced by Bakita Kasadha. All videos are available on the CHIVA YouTube channel and on the CHIVA website via the links above.