For the last two years we have run a family conference for parent/carers of a child or young person who is growing up living with HIV, and young adults who have grown up living with HIV and their families. This is a safe space where participants can:
- attend sessions exploring family communication and HIV,
- hear from the CHIVA Youth Committee and other young people about their experiences growing up with HIV
- hear what young people living with HIV need from their family members
- hear from other parents and carers perspectives, plus attend specialist workshops exploring topics such as positive parenting techniques, understanding the impact of bereavement, and self care.
- Sadly due to COVID-19 we were unable to have a families conference in 2020, but we are delighted to be providing another family conference on Saturday 13th March 2021 in London. This event is exclusively for families who are living with, or affected by HIV. Further details to follow shortly.