2019 CHIVA Family Conference
The 2019 Chiva Family Conference ‘Achieving Health and Wellbeing: Supporting children and young people’s journey’ took place on Saturday 16th March from 10.30am-5pm at Friends House, Euston London.
The family conference is for parents, carers and family members of children and young people growing up living with HIV and was run in partnership with METRO Charity.
The event was centred around ‘Communication in the Family,’ enabling conversations around HIV and included:
- Opportunities to ask health care professionals questions and hold discussion on aspects of HIV treatment and care in a relaxed, informal environment
- Workshop options: self care and supporting your well being, parenting support, benefits and welfare rights
- Workshop space for young people/ young adults living with HIV
- Space to explore family communications
- Sessions presented by Parents and Young People from Chiva Youth Committee.