2019 CHIVA Family Conference
The 2019 CHIVA Family Conference 'Achieving Health and Wellbeing: Supporting children and young people's journey' will take place on Saturday 16th March from 10.30am-5pm at Friends House, Euston London.
You can read this years programme here.
This conference is for parents, carers and family members of children and young people growing up living with HIV. The conference is being run in partnership with METRO Charity.
The event will be centred around 'Communication in the Family,' enabling conversations around HIV and will include:
- Opportunities to ask health care professionals questions and hold discussion on aspects of HIV treatment and care in a relaxed, informal environment
- Workshop options: self care and supporting your well being, parenting support, benefits and welfare rights
- Workshop space for young people/ young adults living with HIV
- Space to explore family communications
- Sessions presented by Parents and Young People from CHIVA Youth Committee.
To register for this event, please click here.
To enable families to attend, we can organise travel to London from around the UK. Please talk to your local service provider, or email email@example.com if you require us to book travel for you, by February 28th at the latest.
You can read an evaluation report from last years conference here.