Our work with professionals
CHIVA is the membership organisation for all those working to support children, young people and families living with HIV in the UK & Ireland.
We support the best possible treatment and care for children and families with HIV by:
- working with professionals to develop and update standards of care
- supporting and promoting research and clinic audits
- providing resources, guidelines and events informed by the latest medical research and thinking about patient involvement
- promoting awareness of issues relevant to children living with or affected by HIV, including perinatal mother-to-infant transmission of HIV
- providing a resource for relevant national organisations such as the Department of Health and Social Care, NHS England, medical royal colleges and Public Health England
- collaborating with and supporting the British HIV Association (BHIVA) and professional associations affiliated with BHIVA
- recognising and promoting the multidisciplinary support that is needed by children and families living with HIV
- encouraging the use of quality standards for audit, clinical governance and commissioning
- highlighting the needs of young people living with HIV and promoting good practice for transitional care to adult services.