Our work with professionals
CHIVA is the membership organisation for all those working to support children, young people and families living with HIV in the UK & Ireland.
We support the best possible treatment and care for children and families with HIV by:
- working with professionals to develop and update standards of care
- supporting and promoting research and clinic audits
- providing resources, guidelines and events informed by the latest medical research and thinking about patient involvement
- promoting awareness of issues relevant to children living with or affected by HIV, including perinatal mother-to-infant transmission of HIV
- providing a resource for relevant national organisations such as the Department of Health and Social Care, NHS England, medical royal colleges and Public Health England
- collaborating with and supporting the British HIV Association (BHIVA) and professional associations affiliated with BHIVA
- recognising and promoting the multidisciplinary support that is needed by children and families living with HIV
- encouraging the use of quality standards for audit, clinical governance and commissioning
- highlighting the needs of young people living with HIV and promoting good practice for transitional care to adult services.
This section provides details of our networks, events and training. All standards, guidelines and resources can be found under Information for Professionals.